Navy SeaPort-Next Generation (SeaPort-NxG) IDIQ
ACT I Contract Number: N0017819D7044
Scope: Task orders issued under this contract by the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR), Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP), Military Sealift Command (MSC), Naval Facilities Command (NAVFAC), Office of Naval Research (ONR), or the United States Marine Corps, will include services that potentially span the entire spectrum of mission areas and technical capabilities supported by the Department of the Navy (DON) ordering activities. Services within the 2 Categories (with 23 functional area subcategories), identified below, may be performed under this contract for new and existing product areas, programs, or missions, which are assigned to these activities during the life of the contract. Services provided under this contract are categorized into the following categories:
- Engineering Services: This category consists of supporting the application of engineering disciplines to technically support the research and development of new and existing Naval capabilities and systems, technically support development of significant alterations to existing systems, support integration and interface of existing equipment or software into different applications or platforms to support the warfighter, and support evaluation of foreign or non-developmental systems, equipment, and technologies. This category also includes all support required within the area of environmental engineering of U.S. Navy weapon systems and base related infrastructure. Functional areas that are included under the Engineering Services category include but, are not limited to the following examples:
- Engineering, System Engineering, and Safety and Process Engineering Support
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- In-Service Engineering, Fleet Introduction, Installation and Checkout and Provisioning Support
- Measurement Facilities, Range, and Instrumentation Support
- Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
- Research and Development Support
- Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
- Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
- Inactivation and Disposal Support
- Biochemical Engineering Support
- Program Management Services: This category consists of applying the business, financial management, and technical disciplines required to support planning, organizing, staffing, controlling, and leading team efforts in managing acquisition programs such that the result places a capable and supportable system in the hands of the warfighter when and where it is needed, and does so at an affordable price. This category represents an integration of a complex system of differing but related functional disciplines that must work together to achieve program goals through development, production, deployment, operations, support, and disposal.
This category also consists of providing information system software analysis, requirements definition, design, development, test, modification, installation, implementation, quality assurance, training, and documentation to meet the evolving data storage and reporting needs of programs, analyze existing IT and IS databases, web sites, and IT applications and recommend new or improved interfaces and improved management tools that meet new requirements, or improve management effectiveness and efficiency. Perform maintenance and technical support for Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) that are outside the cognizance of the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI). Modify, implement and maintain web-based information systems and links. Develop website structure, prepare documentation for population, implement and maintain web sites. Conduct IA analyses, develop, recommend, and implement, monitor, update, and maintain, IA practices, procedures, equipment, algorithms, and hardware that are outside the cognizance of NMCI. This category also provides systems engineering and technical support for establishment, test, upgrade, and operational support of systems, networks, workstations and support equipment hardware and software that are outside the cognizance of NMCI. Functional areas that are included under the Program Management Services category include but, are not limited to the following examples:
- Financial Analysis and Budget Support
- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Functional and Direct Programmatic Administrative Support
- Professional Development and Training Support
- Analytical and Organizational Assessment Support
- Database Administrators
- Public Affairs and Multimedia Support
- Logistics Support
- Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- Computer Systems Analysts
SeaPort-NxG does not allow for the direct procurement of supplies or hardware. Any material or products ordered shall be incidental and in direct support of performed services (for example, small scale testing equipment, prototypes, or spares).
Period of Performance: 2 January 2019 – 1 January 2024, with one five-year option
Contract Type: IDIQ multiple award contract; cost reimbursable, fixed price (FP), or any combination of the two, are permitted task order types.
Government Customer Utilization: All warranted Contracting Officers from the NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVSUP, MSC, Strategic Systems Programs, NAVFAC, ONR, and the U.S. Marine Corps are authorized to place orders under this IDIQ contract, using the electronic SeaPort portal.